Friday, December 13, 2019

16 weeks of Hygiene School

In light of Christmas time this post was written to the tune of 12 Days of Christmas

On the first week of hygiene school my semester gave to me,
9 very special new best buddies.

  • This semester I got so blessed to have 9 new best friends that are going through this program with me. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. They are all so incredible, and Im so grateful that I have three semesters left with them. 










On the second week of hygiene school my semester gave to me,
6 wonderful instructors who at the beginning scared me (not anymore though don't worry).

  • I actually got these very special people on the first week but I had to keep up with the tune of the jingle. These are some of the most kind, smart, and passionate people I have ever met in my life. They understand that this is a hard program but are so encouraging and kind. 
On the third week of hygiene school my semester gave to me, 
A typodont that we paid for heavily.

  • This lovely piece of equipment that is supposed to be our friend cost us an arm and a leg. We were told in our conferences we need to spend more time with this thing. We all promised to try, we will see ;)










On the fourth week of hygiene school my semester gave to me,
My very first patient whose name was Toby.
  • We got to start practicing on our classmates. Luckily we are all friends and no matter how much we tear up each others gums we still seem to get along. 





















On the fifth week of hygiene school my semester gave to me,
A chance to teach high-school students about their teeth.
  • This day was health occupation day, high- schools from around CSI got to come to the HS building where they learned about all the programs that CSI has to offer. 







On the 6th week of hygiene school my semester gave to me
An opportunity to share my body.
  • Our nursing student friends down the hall needed some volunteers to practice their needle sticking. Only a few of us got bruises a couple days later, they did a great job. 



On the 7th-13th week of hygiene school my semester gave to me
12 flamingos to beg for money

  • This semester we flocked dental offices around the community. We will use these funds for graduation dinners, and conferences. We are so blessed to have such a supportive community to help us reach our goal. 





















On the 14th week of hygiene school my semester gave to be
A bunch of little fishies
  • We got to go to the fall festival and set up a booth. We decided to have a fishing table where you could fish for toothbrushes and toothpaste. We all pitched in to color the fish.



On the 15th week of hygiene school my semester gave to me
An adventure to look at horseys

  • We got to take a bus with the seniors to the equine school of dentistry in Glenns Ferry. This was such a good opportunity to learn more about our field of work but with a whole other species. We had such a good time and got to know our senior class a little bit better.











On the 16th week of hygiene school gave to me
One very special family

  • This year for Christmas we selected a family from our community who needed a little extra love this Christmas. We selected the most perfect family. We all enjoyed this experience so much and the reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. After we delieved gifts and food to our family we had a end of semester PARTY! 







No comments: