Sunday, May 26, 2013

Graduating Class 2013: My Final Post

Desiree, Janet, Miranda, Clerissa, Mallory, Rhonda, Dr. Cindy, Dora, Brandy, Tana, and Cindy Harding

Graduating Class 2013

Bedazzled!
It's hard to believe that two years have gone by since we all first received our acceptance letters to the dental hygiene program at the College of Southern Idaho. When I began the program, I was unsure about what I was getting myself into. I was excited about the challenges ahead, nervous to meet my new classmates, and naively convinced I could handle the school work with little worry. There were definitely many challenges that needed to be overcome,  my classmates ended up being the most amazing group of women and I felt lucky to have been placed into the class with them, and I quickly learned that the school work was hard, stressful, and in some ways pushed you into insanity. But, we always managed to end up on top and pass our classes. I think back to the times when Mallory was falling asleep in class, Brandy was driving over ladders and through bad weather to attend classes everyday, Whitney having her baby, Dora getting married, Mallory getting married, Clerissa getting engaged, and many other experiences and changes we witnessed over the past two years. It seems to have all gone by so fast. We have had such wonderful instructors to educate and push us to be the best we could be. I am very grateful to all of you.

Graduating class of 2013 - I wish all of you the very best in your careers and your future. I know each one of you is going to be an excellent addition to this profession and you all have creativity and strengths that will make you great hygienists. I have enjoyed spending these last two years with you and I am grateful for the friendships you have shared.

Good luck to you all!

Tana DeWalt
Historian: Class of 2013

No comments: